Saturday April 29th- 11am
The WNY Maple Festival parade showcases local companies, community organizations, and volunteer fire departments. The local high school band and various school groups participate. The Maple Festival King and Queen and contestants’ parade through as well.
Come line the streets of Elm Street, Park Square, and North Main (between Elm & Johnson Street) for an enjoyable lineup!
Division 1: School Class, School Club, School Organization
1st Place- $200 donation to class or group fund & trophy 2nd Place- $100 donation to class or group fund 3rd Place- $50 donation to class or group fund
Division 2: Business, Local Organization, Other non-school
1st Place- $250 monetary prize and trophy 2nd Place- $100 monetary prize
ENTRANTS MUST OBSERVE ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS LISTED BELOW. ENTRANTS MUST ALSO FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS FROM POLICE AND PARADE OFFICIALS AT ALL TIMES ON PARADE DAY. THE PARADE COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY ENTRANT FROM THE PARADE AT ANY POINT ON PARADE DAY. REMOVAL CAN OCCUR PRIOR TO ASSEMBLY, WHILE ASSEMBLING, OR ANY TIME DURING THE PARADE.
- NO MATERIALS MAY BE THROWN ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE. WALKERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAND MATERIALS TO SPECTATORS.
- All units are required to maintain a reasonable gap between units. Failure to do so may warrant removal from the parade.
- Drivers of any and all vehicles in the parade areas must possess a valid driver’s license, be at least 18 years old, and possess all liability vehicle insurance.
- Livestock, reptiles, wild and domestic animals shall not be in the parade unless prior approval by the Parade Committee is obtained. If approval is granted, all handlers of animals are required to make prior arrangements for clean up, if necessary, in the staging area and along the parade route.
- Use of high intensity sound making devices is strongly discouraged. Sound must meet the Sound Ordinance Requirements set by the Village of Franklinville. Music/Sound will be turned off when approaching and passing by any broadcasting/announcer’s areas (Park Square). Parade officials will withdraw any unit that does not comply with their instructions to turn down or turn off sound when instructed to do so. Failure to comply with the instructions of parade officials will result in immediate removal from the parade and jeopardize future participation.
- Costumes must conform to the standards of reasonable public taste. Costumes are to be family friendly.
- Performances must conform to the standards of reasonable public taste. Performances are to be family friendly.
- Political Campaigning is not permitted. Politicians are welcome to participate in the parade but handing out of materials, flyers, etc. is not permitted.
NOTICE: Entrants that do not appear on parade day without prior notification to parade officials or entries that do not comply with the rules and regulations jeopardize future participation in the WNY Maple Festival Parade. The Parade Committee reserves the right to accept or decline any entry. The WNY Maple Festival Parade Committee’s decision regarding all entries is final.
- Only vehicles pulling floats or providing transportation for pageant entries will be allowed in the parade. Exceptions will be considered for antique vehicles and other organized specialty car groups with prior approval. Vehicles that are pulling floats should be incorporated as much as possible into the float and decorated accordingly.
- All banners must be neatly lettered and legible.
- All electrical devices must be properly grounded.
- No participants may jump on a float to ride and not interfere with any other unit in any way. Float capacity will not be exceeded. No participants will dismount from a float during the parade route. Participants will not have body parts, particularly legs and feet, extending past the sides, front or rear of the float. This is an extreme safety hazard.
- Float platforms should have a fixed axle at/near the rear and a steer able axle at the front. Farm wagons make excellent platforms.
- All entries will be assigned a line-up number and receive further instructions about the parade upon approval of your application.
- All approved applicants will need to be at the Elm Street/West Ave assembly area no later than 10:30 am on Parade Day. Step-off is scheduled to begin promptly at 10:50 am, in order to begin the procession at 11:00 am. Entry to the assembly area can ONLY be accessed from Elm Street via Mill Street.
- Only vehicles with an approved application will be allowed to enter the assembly area. Walkers/float riders will be dropped off at the Franklin Street entrance of West Ave, no vehicles dropping off walkers/riders will be allowed into the assembly area.
- The parade will start from the assembly area moving east on Elm Street. It will turn at the red light and proceed on N. Main Street and terminate at the Franklinville Fire Department/Main & Green Street intersection.
- NO PARTICIPANT WILL STOP MOTION OF THE PARADE PROCESSION ON HAY STREET OR MAXWELL STREET UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED BY A ROTARY CHRISTMAS PARADE OFFICIAL OR POLICE OFFICER.